Tradeteam is the UKs largest independent drinks logistics provider, now operating multi-customer supply chain services for brewers, drinks suppliers and retailers throughout the UK, employing more than 2000 staff in over 30 locations, with UK wide warehousing along with primary and secondary distribution on over 600 vehicles.
- The CALIDUS system, operating within Tradeteam provides a number of key areas of functionality to support the business:
- Comprehensive multi owner functionality enabling their network to get the efficiencies of an overall operation but still recognise and account for the stock held and work being carried out for each customer
- Being able to handle a variety of different product types and packaging types as is required in drinks distribution. For example although Tradeteam distribute over 13 million barrels per year they also need to pick and deliver bottles, cases and special promotional packs
- Different product types can be held in different locations within the network and the system facilitates the bringing together of different stock lines from the various locations to achieve a single delivery of orders to a delivery point
- The differing customer needs means that the system must produce a variety of operational documentation much of which is specific to particular customers
- On-going updating of the order management systems so that up to the minute customer service data is available to answer any customer queries.
Tradeteam had several key objectives that their systems have enabled them to achieve:
- Support a structured approach to the overall operation resulting in improvements to the operation
- Make it easier to add new customers into an established business model
- Enable more warehouses to be added quickly and simply by deploying a proven process 6
- Improve stock and delivery accuracy
- Provide visibility of stock throughout the supply chain
The Tradeteam systems now support hundreds of users through both PC based and RF based terminals, with OBS Logistics providing on-going development and support services for CALIDUS.
Working alongside Tradeteam’s own support team, OBS Logistics provides around the clock helpdesk and support to ensure availability of the business critical computer applications needed to support the business on a 24/7 hour basis underpinning their high levels of service delivery.
Dave Renshaw, CEO of OBS Logistics emphasised the importance of the Tradeteam relationship to the company,
“The development of software companies such as OBS Logistics is dependent on the clients we are fortunate to have the opportunity to work with. We benefit tremendously from this relationship with a forward thinking, customer focussed organisation such as Tradeteam”.
John Moore, Regional Operations Director, Tradeteam’s Southwest Region added,
“ Our systems enable us to operate to the high service levels demanded in our business and help to ensure that we can address the specific needs of our customers.”